Duke Athletics and Duke College welcome all individuals with disabilities to our campus and athletic occasions. Please discover beneath a listing of accessible providers at present offered at every of our athletic venues. Previous to your arrival to campus and our athletic services, please be at liberty to succeed in out to the Incapacity Administration Workplace to assist make preparations on your go to you probably have any particular wants, questions or considerations relating to our accessibility and lodging. We’re right here to assist and make your expertise as fulfilling as doable. Go Duke!
Duke Incapacity Administration Workplace – 919-668-1267
Web site: https://entry.duke.edu
Leigh Davis Fickling, J.D., M.ED., M.S. – Govt Director of Incapacity Administration System – 919-668-1282 – [email protected]
Scholar Inquiries: Cort Schneider, PhD. – Director of Scholar Incapacity Entry Workplace – 919-695-2645 – [email protected]
Athletics: Bob Weiseman – Senior Affiliate Athletics Director/Athletics Amenities, Recreation Operations and Championships – 919-684-1785 – [email protected]
- Accessible parking is offered for all of our athletic venues. For venue particular accessible parking please reference every venue beneath. Chances are you’ll view a normal campus parking map on the following hyperlink: https://maps.duke.edu/
- When occasions coincide with soccer or basketball sport days, different parking preparations could also be required. Particular particulars will probably be offered in a parking & visitors alert posted on www.goduke.com/gameday previous to sport day.
- Stroll-through steel detectors could also be in use at some occasions. As part of the safety entry course of all company are inspired to make the most of these steel detectors. In case you are utilizing an assistive system (wheelchair, walker, crutches, and so on.) or are unable to make the most of the steel detector for any cause, an accessible medical/household lane will probably be out there.
- Affordable lodging to event-specific bag insurance policies will probably be made for company requesting exceptions for medical or childcare causes.
- Accessible seating and companion seating choices can be found in every of our venues. Common season occasions that require tickets at Duke embody Males’s and Ladies’s Basketball, Soccer, Males’s and Ladies’s Lacrosse, and Males’s and Ladies’s Soccer, and Baseball. Tickets are sometimes required for ACC & NCAA Championship occasions held on campus. Tickets could also be bought previous to sport day by visiting goduke.com/tickets or by calling the ticket workplace at 1-877-375-3853 or 919-681-2583.
- For extra data associated to accessible seating and ticketing, please confer with the venue particular data beneath.
- Please reference every venue beneath for the particular lodging out there throughout the venue.
Sensory Pleasant Lodging
- KultureCity Licensed Venues – Cameron Indoor Stadium and Brooks Discipline at Wallace Wade Stadium
- Sensory Lodging luggage can be found upon request at Cameron Indoor Stadium, Brooks Discipline at Wallace Wade Stadium, and a few of our different on-campus venues. Objects within the sensory luggage embody noise-canceling headphones, fidget instruments and verbal cue playing cards. Do you have to want a sensory bag please ask the closest occasion employees member to help you in receiving a bag.
- Duke College Athletics welcomes skilled Service Animals to our venues. A Service Animal is a canine that’s individually skilled to do work or carry out duties for the advantage of a person with a incapacity, together with a bodily, sensory, psychiatric, mental, or different psychological incapacity. A Service Animal should be beneath the management of the handler always. A Service Animal should be leashed or tethered until doing so would intervene with the duty that it was skilled to carry out for the person with a incapacity. A Service Animal should not present aggression towards individuals or different animals. A Service Animal doesn’t bark, growl, or whine until skilled to take action as a warning signal to the handler. A Service Animal doesn’t solicit meals or different gadgets from most people. A Service Animal’s work doesn’t disrupt the traditional course of enterprise. Service Animals ought to put on present rabies vaccination tags always or present proof of vaccination upon request. If a Service Animal is present in violation of those tips, the Service Animal will probably be excluded from the power or occasion.
Service Animals in Coaching
- In North Carolina, Service Animals in Coaching have the identical entry rights as a Service Animal. The Service Animal in Coaching should put on a collar and leash, harness or cape that identifies it as a Service Animal in Coaching. Service Animals in Coaching ought to put on present rabies vaccination tags always or present proof of vaccination upon request. The coach is responsible for any harm brought on by the animal whereas on Duke property. Service Animals in Coaching should be beneath the management of the handler always, should be housebroken, and should observe all habits tips established for absolutely skilled Service Animals. If the Service Animal in Coaching is present in violation of those tips, the Service Animal in Coaching will probably be excluded from our venues.
Emotional Help/Remedy/Companion Animals
- Emotional assist canines, remedy canines, and companion canines aren’t Service Animals as outlined by the ADA and aren’t permitted inside our venues.
- Private pets aren’t permitted inside our venues.